Christmas 2008 is now history. Here are some of the things I'll remember, in no particular order:
1. The squeal that came out of Natalie when she saw the Princess blanket her Aunt Janis made for her.
2. Rick's fabulous fudge and wonderful ribs.
3. The really cool "I Spy" beanbag Grandma got for Lucy.
4. The cute guest towels and goodie bags Janis provided for us.
5. Finally playing a GAME! Thanks for "Loaded Questions," Aaron!
6. Spencer watching "Night at the Museum" with Natalie in the car because Gary agreed to watch "Dark Knight" with him, even though it was probably stupid.
7. Gary admitting that "Dark Knight" was a good movie.
8. Seeing that the gift I got for Brady, the book "Nick of Time," was a big hit with him.
9. The yummy crackerjack stuff Janis made from Michelle's recipe - I want the recipe, too, Michelle!
10. The giant fork and spoon from Mom and Dave that look just like the ones on "Everybody Loves Raymond."
11. Mom's look of delighted surprise when she got the "Autumn Leaves" patterned espresso mugs, and then Janis's story about Mom seeing them on ebay and saying, "Oh, I would never use those," after Janis had already found and purchased them at a garage sale.
12. Rick's "Whoville" Santa hat.
13. Mom reviving Grandpa Vial's "funny game" tradition, and Lucy winning the treasured Manitoba arrowheads.
14. Spencer receiving "MRIs" from Grandma (they were MREs).
15. My really awesome "Lucy" wreath that Janis made for me.
16. Shopping at Goodwill and finding some of the best gifts - like the Hazel Atlas glass fruit tray Natalie got for me that I discovered later was worth four times what she paid for it.
17. All the SNOW!
18. Making "Christmas Crunch" for our neighbors and then not delivering it because it was too dangerous to walk around on the icy sidewalks and driveways.
19. The infamous shower leak.
20. "The Case of the Missing Jeans."
21. Playing hide-and-seek with Lucy and Grandma.
22. Being nervous when Gary and Rick were discussing religion and politics after dinner.
23. Seeing Spencer get so much enjoyment out of playing his guitar - and then realizing that his preference for guitar-playing over studying is the likely reason he got a "D" in Accounting.
24. Helping Jon move into his new apartment - and then getting stuck bird-sitting again because he can't afford the pet deposit there.
25. Getting stuck in my cul-de-sac because of the icy slush (despite Spencer's valiant attempt to shovel us out), trying to put on chains in the freezing rain, and then learning from Aaron that my car's "Electronic Stability Control" feature was preventing me from sliding, which I NEEDED to do to get out of my cul-de-sac. What a frustrating 45 minutes that was!
26. Saying - AGAIN - that I'm going to be more prepared and more organized and more creative NEXT year for Christmas!
27. Making the Christmas slideshow - see below!
11 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment