Welcome to Carol's Spot! Here's What's New:

What Happened in Vegas posted Aug. 24, 2009
My New Bedding posted June 27, 2009
Let's Party! Graduation 2009 posted June 27, 2009
Natalie Graduated! posted June 27, 2009
Spencer and Nicole posted Apr. 18, 2009

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Spencer's thoughts on his mission to Paraguay

"My hands are shaky, my eyes are huge, and I am with difficulty trying to describe all my feelings and emotions as I write my last thoughts on what has occurred these two marvelous years. I was never abandoned, and every prayer was answered. My faith was tested, my testimony made rock solid, and I did truly see the Savior's hand in all of this. As I knelt down to pray at night, I felt as if the Savior was kneeling down right beside me, helping me spit out every word. He helped me win, every day. He increased my charity with my companion, He stood behind me in conversations on the street, He sat down with me in teaching lessons, and He watched over me in the streets and on buses. I still hear his words, 'doubt not, fear not.' I have but a few worn pairs of pants, shirts missing buttons, and holey shoes and socks, but I have a testimony burned into my soul. I know that our loving Heavenly Father is preparing a harvest of souls, and while they take me from the front lines, I am still going to push from the back. I know that He lives and loves us, and I know that every one of us is a child of God. I know He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to atone for the sins of all men and women. I know that from early times to modern times the Lord has chosen prophets to teach these very principles, culminating in these latter days as the heavens were once again opened and God spoke to the young boy, Joseph Smith. The divine truth was restored, and new scripture brought to light. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true testimony of the Savior and his ministry on the American continent - I don't believe it, I know it. I know that families can be together forever - that is what the gospel is all about! I leave with the joy that has come from 'plowing in hope,' a hope centered in the Atonement unto eternal life, the greatest gift of all we can receive. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It was a great letter. Glad you posted it.

Rich Vial said...

Thanks for forwarding Spencer's letters the last two years Carol. I wish I had discovered your blog earlier! Best to all the family. Rich

Pb said...

Nice Blog Carol. Pb